Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fear


When I was a child I lived with my mom and dad in Kilgore,Idaho. We lived across the creek and field from my grandparents. Our yard was surrounded by a fence and Camas Creek ran through it. On the south end of the yard were two pinetrees and a path through a gate across a bridge and across a field and through another gate to grandma's house. Along the path from our gate to the bridge were willows, we played in these willows, but at times when I was sent to grandma's , those willows were full of monsters and they were after me from the time I stepped through our gate until I rushed through grandma's gate. I was safe if I got through the gate first,which I always did. The race began the minute I opened our gate and I would run as fast as I could to grandma's gate. As I got older those monsters diminished and I faced other monsters of life and I learned that Heavenly Father is greater then any of those monsters and with His help I have always gotten through the gate of life first.

3 comments:

TheWhettenFamilia said...

I love you! Welcome to the blogging world! You are such a great aunt and example! Love ya!

Tashina said...

I never knew what a talented writer you are...

JoLynn said...

Thanks for looking at my blog. Love you guys and thanks to Tashina for helping me to become part of the Blogging World!