Today a dear friend and patient is passing from this life to a new experience through the veil and I am pondering death and birth and life. As I think about this passing, that we are all going to have to go through, an analogy came to mind.
When we were getting ready to be born and our parents and family were so excited for us to come, what was happening on the other side? I know there was excitement because of the opportunity, but I think there were tears also. We knew that this birth was a great experience that we needed to go through but we would miss family and friends so it was a sad excitement. The same happens now as this experience comes to an end for my dear friend. She is headed to a new experience and will be out of the pain and suffering of this life. We know that she must leave us and we are excited for her but we are also sad because we will miss her and her sweet smile. And on the other side, waiting for her, are family and friends who are excited for her return who are preparing for her just as her family prepared for her birth into this world. So today I am seeing that basically birth and death are the same. As we leave one existence we enter into another as we progress toward becoming like our Heavenly Father. Lela I will miss you. Thank you for being my friend and being so kind to me and when my time comes to be born into the death experince will you be there to greet me home?
Still Alive!
15 years ago
2 comments:
Thank you for this! Jonathan's uncle died last week, and this puts a whole different perspective on it. Even though it was expected, we have all been having a rough time with it, and this made me feel so much better!
Thank you for your comment and I am sorry about Jonathan's uncle tell him we love him. JoLynn
Post a Comment