Aunt Louise passed away on the 29th of December 2008. On the 2nd of January was her funeral. She had been living with Rob and Peggy Hymas for about 6 months. They were so good to her. She was a neat lady and a wonderful example as a mother and grandmother. At one time she was in the Homestead Assisted Living for respite care while Rob and Peggy had a vacation, and when I walked in the door she looked at me and smiled and said we are family, who are you? I put my arm around her and said you bet we are family. She was a great lady who always had a smile. A bit of trivia that might be interesting. Her grandfather blessed her and her name was only Louise Berrett, but when he blessed her he named her Harriet Louise Berrett after her mother.
I bet mom and Katherine and Louise are having such a great time getting caught up on everything that they had to take them to a room and shut them in so others could have some peace and quiet.
Still Alive!
14 years ago
2 comments:
I sure will miss that girl! She always knew how to make me smile... Come to think about it, so did her sister! I agree, they probably are having a blast up there!
Oh ya, be sure to let us know when you become a grandma! I am excited for you! Love you!!
Post a Comment